Why Rent one of our Cabins Asheville?
When you rent one of our Cabins Asheville, you will have begun the process of planning your vacation in Asheville. Why settle for hotel accommodations downtown when you can rent a vacation home and enjoy a true mountain experience.
In the mountains, the mornings are something you will want to catch. Wake up to the natural fog that often hangs low in the mountain valleys and as it rises the plume looks like “smoke”. We are always fascinated as we awake each morning to a different view and a fabulous sunrise.
Cabin in Asheville has four cabins from which to choose:
- Bungalow – 675 Sq. Ft., 1 Bath, 1 King, 1 Queen Sleeper
- Chalet Quietude – 1100 Sq. Ft., 1.5 Baths, 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Bunk Bed (Full on Bottom, Twin on top)
- Woodlands Chalet – 1800 Sq. Ft., 2 Baths, 2 Kings, 4 Twins
- Charmed Cottage – 2200 Sq. Ft., 2.5 Baths, 2 Kings, 3 Twins
Perfect for a Couples Getaway!
Situated on two acres on a beautiful mountain, enjoy the serene, yet jovial bungalow. It is a one-bedroom and one-bath cabin just perfect for a couple. Walls of windows bring plenty of natural light into this casual and contemporary kitchen. Appliances include electric range, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and of course, a coffee pot & toaster.
The sunlit living room opens to a beautiful deck and great sweeping view of the distant valley and mountains. The sofa will surprise you as it hides a very comfortable bed for your child. Enjoy evenings on the deck or spend some relaxing time with a good movie on the flat panel TV with premium DirecTV service. When the weather is cool, enjoy the gas log fireplace for a cozy mountain evening.
The the master bedroom features a comfy king bed. Wake up to a beautiful sunrise each morning. A great way to start the day. You’ll love the calming, simplistic beauty of the bungalow.
At night, sitting on the deck enjoying the stars and the forest are a perfect end to a day of adventure. Great cell phone service too, but just in case, we have a land line for family to reach you in case of emergency. Wireless internet will keep you in touch with email and surfing the web.
The Bungalow is located 13 miles from downtown Asheville, about 12 miles from the Biltmore and about 10-12 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are a couple of grocery stores nearby and an interesting Amish store you will pass on the way to the Bungalow.
Stay on the Mountain at Chalet Quietude
Chalet Quietude is on a beautiful mountain at an altitude of 3400 ft. on 3 secluded acres. The view is ever-changing. During the early morning hours, you may catch some beautiful sights and will get a real sense of what the Smoky Mountains are all about. The chalet is at the end of the road, on a mountain ridge and the adjoining 400 acres is undeveloped which contributes to the privacy and quietude. Click on each photo to enlarge. Also, visit the photo page.
Chalet Quietude is a cozy three bedroom cabin with 2 full baths. The open loft (still has privacy) has a king bed and the half bath. The queen bedroom is on the main floor as is the bedroom with the bunk bed (twin over full bed). The full bath is also on the main floor. The chalet sleeps 6 comfortably. The king, queen & full beds are luxurious European pillow-top mattresses and the bed sheets are not like anything you have ever slept on. We also provide great robes for you to wear while you are here.
The living room has a fireplace, very tastefully decorated and is open to the kitchen with just about every cooking amenity you need to complete a beautiful gourmet meal or something simple and yummy. The handy dining counter is also great to gather and have conversation while cooking. Our flat panel TV is connected to a Blu-Ray DVD play equipped with Netflix. We also have over 100 DVD movies from which to choose.
Of course, we must mention the wonderful hot tub. It is positioned on its own deck and the ritual of getting ready for the hot tub is part of the fun. It is located away from the house so that you can sit in and enjoy nature. At night, gazing at the stars or the valley with the night lights is just about as good as it gets. You will know then, that “life is great”.
Chalet Quietude is located 12 miles from downtown Asheville and a little more than 11 miles from the Biltmore. Grocery stores are near by and getting to and from the chalet is very easy.
- Comfortable for 1, yet SLEEPS up to 6
- Best for 4 adults and 2 children
- From $225 to $260 per night
- 1100 Sq. Ft.
- 3 Bedrooms (1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Bunkbed Twin/Dble)-That’s 4 Beds Total
- Bathrooms: 2 Full Baths
- Close to Downtown: 12 Miles
- Private – 3 acres + another 400 acres adjoining
Forest Surrounds You at Woodlands Chalet
Woodlands Chalet is surrounded by pristine forest. When you step out to any part of the deck, which wraps around two-thirds of the cabin, you are in the forest. You can’t help but take a deep breath and start relaxing. Even though you are on a deck that stands 10-20 feet off the ground, you won’t believe it – the trees are still going up and up. Feel the canopy of the forest, enjoy being there and sensing the natural beauty. Of course, the view is spectacular year round. Located on 2 wooded acres at an altitude of 3400 ft. Click on any photo to enlarge. Also visit the photo album at right for many more photos.
The chalet is a three bedroom cabin with two bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms have king beds and the loft has two wonderful twin beds. The lower level has a day bed with trundle below for extra sleeping. You won’t believe how exquisite the sheets are. You’ve never slept on anything like them. In fact, you may want to buy them (see “amenities for sale” page). Woodlands Chalet has two living rooms; both have a flat panel TV’s with a built-in DVD player each. The master bedroom also has a flat panel TV with a built-in DVD player. The chalet sleeps 6.
The lower level living room is where the fireplace is located. You can enjoy reading, watching TV or movie, pop some popcorn and relax with a drink. On this level we have a bedroom with king bed. The living area has a day bed with trundle (twin beds). There is also a full bath and a kitchenette with full size refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave oven in the lower level. This is also where the washer and dryer are located.
With windows everywhere, the main floor is where the living room, master bedroom, master bath, kitchen and dining room are located. Of course, the kitchen has full amenities for cooking just about any type of meal from plain old home cooking to the finest gourmet meal. When you sit in the dining room, you are flanked by two large picture windows. Here you will enjoy the forest while you dine and be amazed at the beauty as the sun or rain falls through the trees.
Enjoy views and forest from just about anywhere in the cabin – from either of the living rooms, the loft, from the master bath, or from the dining room. Of course when you take a dip in the perfectly situated hot tub, rather it be morning, dusk or evening, you will know the beauty of nature. At night, sitting in the hot tub enjoying the stars and the forest are a perfect end to a day of adventure. The Woodlands Chalet is located 13 miles from downtown Asheville, about 12 miles from the Biltmore and about 10-12 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are a couple of grocery stores nearby and an interesting Amish store you will pass on the way to the chalet.
- Comfortable for 1, yet SLEEPS up to 6
- Best for 4-5 Adults and 1-2 children
- From $225 to $270 per night
- 1800 Sq. Ft.
- 3 Bedrooms (2 King, 4 Twin-That’s 6 Beds Total
- 2 Full Bath
- Close to Downtown: 13 Miles
- Private – 2 acres
Enjoy Peace at Charmed Cottage
When you enter, the master bedroom with a luxurious pillow-top mattress, master bath, twin bedroom and sleeping nook are on this lower level. The twin beds are pillow-top and can be converted to a king if you need it – just let us know. The master bedroom has a flat panel TV with built-in DVD player. This level is also where the full size washer and dryer are located. We provide the right amount of adult robes. Also, I must mention the sheets on the beds – WOW – they are the very best – I know you have never slept on sheets like these. Sheets are for sale too (see “amenities for sale” page).
The stairs to the main level are located just inside the front door. Once you arrive on the main level, you will be greeted with a “ton-o-windows”. Windows everywhere to capture the views of nature. On this level is the living room with a flat panel TV and Blu-Ray Disc player and an extensive DVD library plus Netflix, snuggle up in the comfy reading area, enjoy the fireplace and a few good books, the kitchen with a large dining counter with seating for six and a dining area with seating for four. The bathroom with the claw foot tub is also on this level.
In the crowd-friendly kitchen, you’ll find every amenity needed to make the simplest of meals to the finest gourmet dining experience. It seems everyone wants to pitch in due to the large island with seating for 8. One guest was so happy to find we “even have a garlic press”! You will love spending time in the open kitchen and the layout makes it easy to invite helpers and have cocktails while the cooking gets under way. Here is where you will take the stairs to the loft to find another king bed and the half bath. The third flat panel TV with built-in DVD player is in the loft.
Take your dinner to one of the two dining decks or have a cocktail and conversation on another. The cottage has three decks attached to the main level of the house and then the hot tub deck. The large deck is the size of a four car garage and has a dining table for six and four reclining chairs for relaxing with a mountain backdrop. The other, smaller decks are outfitted with either a dining table for six or chairs for relaxing and conversation. The view from two of the decks and the hot tub is spectacular.
Early mornings can’t be missed – you never know what it will be like from one moment to the next. When sitting on the decks, you can hear the waterfall created by the stream that runs on the property about 35-40 feet from the cottage.
The hot tub is a large 8-person size. Relaxing in the hot tub after a day of sightseeing or adventure is the perfect conclusion to a day well done.
Please note the stair risers from the entrance level are higher and steeper than normal by about 2 inches each and the steps to the loft are steeper than normal as well. So those with knee problems or the elderly may have problems. Please call me to discuss whether the cottage will work for your party. Those with moderate to healthy knees and even healthy elderly do not have problems with the stairs.
- Comfortable for 1, yet SLEEPS up to 7
- From $235 to $280 per night
- 2200 Sq. Ft.
- 3 Bedrooms & Sleeping Nook: (2 King, 3 Twin)-That’s 5 Beds Total
- Bathrooms: 2 Full Bath, 1 Half Bath
- Close to Downtown: 17 Miles
- Private – 11 acres
See Below for Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions.
Distance to downtown Asheville?
- 12 miles from Chalet Quietude (23 min.)
- 17 miles from Charmed Cottage (30 min.)
- 13 miles from Woodland Chalet (25 min.)
- 13 miles from The Bungalow (25 min.)
Do you have grocery stores nearby?
- There are two grocery stores very near – Ingles and Food Lion.
- Our favorite grocery stores Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s & Fresh Market are 1 block, 2 blocks & 2 miles from downtown Asheville, respectively. There is also a new Whole Foods on Tunnel Road.
- Gas stations are nearby as well.
Do you have air conditioning?
- Yes – all four of our properties have central air conditioning (and heatig) systems.
Distance to the Blue Ridge Parkway?
- 7.5 miles from Chalet Quietude (17 min.)
- 13.5 miles from Charmed Cottage (17 min.)
- 8.5 miles from Woodlands Chalet (18 min.)
- 8.5 miles from The Bungalow (18 min.)
Do I need a 4-wheel drive vehicle?
- No – not typically. However, during the winter months when we have snow or icy conditions you may have difficulty getting up the mountain or not be able to drive up at all. Many guests feel confident if they have 4-wheel drive, but again, if the roads are bad, no one will make it – perhaps with chains, but don’t always count on it. Because of the possibility of snow or ice and the fact that you may not be able to drive up, we HIGHLY recommend travel insurance for travel during the months of November through April.
Do you have wireless internet?
- Yes – all four cabins have wireless internet so bring your laptop or tablet.
Do you have a hot tub at your cabin?
- Yes – all four of our properties have a hot tub. You will be responsible to keep chemicals in them while you are here. Chemicals and directions are at the cabin..
What do I need to bring?
- Bath soap
- Food and drinks
- Charcoal and Charcoal Lighter Fluid for outdoor cooking
- Swim Suits for hot tub if you don’t want to “skinny dip”
- Anything you need for your activities…i.e. hiking gear, fishing poles, golf clubs, etc.
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels (depending on how long you are here – we provide a starter supply)
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Starter for winter months to help you get a fire going in fireplace/stove…we provide the firewood
- I-Pod loaded with your favorite music
- See Amenities for your cabin (#11) to check on what is supplied
Do you have a property with a fireplace?
- Yes – three cabins have a fireplace/wood stove. The Bungalow has a gas log fireplace. We provide firewood during colder months (October through April).
Do you have other policies we should read?
- Yes – you may read about OTHER POLICIES here.
What other adventures & attractions are in the area?
Can we get travel insurance at the last 24 hours?
Yes – it is 6.95% of your total costs. You can follow this link to purchase travel insurance up to 24 hours before your trip. It is one of the best programs we have ever found. If something happens to a family member just before your trip or if the weather turns bad, you can get a refund for the amount you have insured. We are happy to offer this insurance program to you.
Distance to the Biltmore Estate?
- 11.5 miles from Chalet Quietude (25 min.)
- 16.5 miles from Charmed Cottage (30 min.)
- 12.5 miles from Woodlands Chalet (25 min.)
- 12.5 miles from The Bungalow (25 min.)
Do you permit pets?
- No. We love dogs, however, we cannot permit them or other types of pets in our cabins.
When it's smart to buy travel insurance.
It’s a good idea to buy travel insurance when you book 2 months and beyond in advance, if you have traveling companion with a health condition, young children or weather. You’re also covered for automobile problems that could delay or totally prevent your arrival. The top three reasons are: peace of mind, protection against the unexpected and concern over losing the financial investment in a trip.
We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance during the months of November through April as weather could spoil your plans of a mountain retreat.
Whether it’s your trip, your possessions, your luggage, or your health, travel insurance has become an essential item to pack for smart travelers. The cost for peace of mind is 7% of the non-refundable portion of your stay. Housekeeping fees are refundable.
What are the amenities?
What is the Distance to Skiing?
- Click here for our skiing page for more information
- Sugar Mountain is about 1.5 hours
- Beech Mountain is about 2 hours
- Cataloochee Ski Resort is about 1 hour
- Wolf Ridge Ski Resort is about 45 minutes
- Appalachian Ski Mountain is about 1.75 hours
- Scaly Mountain is about 2 hours
- Hawksnest Resort is about 1.25 hours
Do you have a blender, roaster, slow cooker?
- Yes. Three of our cabins have a blender, roaster and crock pot slow cooker. At this time The Bungalow does not.
Where can we hike?
- Chalet Quietude, The Bungalow and Woodlands Chalet are located on the same mountain. There is a hiking trail on the mountain and we can discuss that after you arrive.
- There are many places to hike in the area. We have two forests listed below which is great because of the waterfalls. I have also been hiking at the NC Arboretum (can be an easy hike or more strenuous). Here are a couple of websites where I advertise and they have a lot of information listed for hiking ROMANTICASHEVILLE, EXPLOREASHEVILLE & LOCALHIKES See the Hiking tab at the bottom of this page for more information on hiking the area.
How far is it to Chimney Rock and/or Lake Lure?
Keep in mind the road to this area is beautiful, winding and mountainous. This is the reason the driving times are slightly longer in relation to the mileage.
- from Chalet Quietude – Chimney Rock is 17 miles or 40 minutes
- from Chalet Quietude – Lake Lure is 21 miles or 49 minutes
- from Woodlands Chalet – Chimney Rock is 18 miles or 41 minutes
- from Woodlands Chalet – Lake Lure is 22 miles or 50 minutes
- from Charmed Cottage – Chimney Rock is 12 miles or 27 minutes
- from Charmed Cottage – Lake Lure is 16 miles or 36 minutes
- from The Bungalow – Chimney Rock is 18 miles or 41 minutes
- from The Bungalow – Lake Lure is 22 miles or 50 minutes
Do we need to bring filtered or bottled water?
- Each of our properties has the best tasting well water and therefore, no need for bottled drinking water. However, if the power goes off due to some type of storm, there will be no water because the well pump is electric. If you have concerns, it might be a good idea to have a gallon of water just in case. Of course, grocery stores are nearby.
What about bears?
- Yes. All four cabins are in the mountains and there are bears. See our page on Black Bears at this link,